The Workbench is our unique user GUI that creates, actions, sends or receives electronic documents as defined by your program or service. Managers and front line workers process documents (print, review, sign, etc.) and exchange them for approval. Work is sent, received, exchanged and archived. Multiple operations can be processed through a single instance of the Workbench. The workbench operates like an e-mail system for structured data such as EDI or XML messages. It can also be accessed, with reduced functionality, via web browser.
Customized ‘plug-ins’ reflect specific client workflow and wider industry standards. The SMX code generator dynamically creates interfaces in seconds and then may be tailored to your specific business in consultation with end-users. For example, the Workbench supports customs declarations, requisitions, travel, Walmart supply chain and other workflows… all through a single interface!
Functionality includes features to:
- send, receive and view structured data as ‘easy-to-action’ electronic forms
- file work-in-progress for easy access, collaboration and processing
- request approval based on your delegation authorities and monetary thresholds
- access case management or product histories as well a standard and custom reports
- allow front line workers to preview and print formatted, official documents (including MICR cheques) with logos and control numbers
- manage and inventory official documents
- view and print reports, case files and audits
- route, schedule, reassign or share work
- assign or remove users
The Workbench is tailored to accomodate any operational or program process and can be used to update or supplement existing investments in ERP or aligned with embedded manufacturing software. It standardizes the ‘look-and-feel’ access across programs, facilitating change management and training of staff. Users can access multiple programs with different rules and forms. The user interface through which events are viewed includes a virtual filing system, work list to view and open specific ‘forms’ and a custom query message center.
Workers, managers and executives can process a wide range of work-flows through a single, common interface. Information is stored both locally and centrally, allowing for operation both on or off line. Unlike traditional web servers, both the originator and receiver have equal access to common data. Rules are updated remotely so that users are always up-to-date.
Workbench functionality enjoyed by RDC SMX clients include:
- E-Manifest and other CBSA customs transactions
- Financial approvals for travel, requisitioning and other corporate activities tied to expenditures
- Bid solicitation, evaluation and award
- Micro tenders for transportation services
- Income support, social assistance and other cash management programs
- Risk management and OHS claims processing